Backlogs and Buying New Games…. Damn, I really want Persona 4 Golden… but honestly will I get time to play it? Ignoring Four in February I have so much still to play (that I do really want to get around to at some point! Backlogs are a bad thing for motivation to play games. Here are just some of my outstanding games….
- Professor Layton series on DS
- Dragon Quest 4/5/6 remakes on DS
- Retro City Rampage on Vita
- The various Grand Theft Auto games for PSP/DS/PC
- Chono Trigger
- The various Mario games for 3DS that are in differ stages of completion
- All the Zelda games I own (between Virtual Console, DS, and 3DS.. Link’s Awakening, Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time, Tingle’s Rupee Land)
- Pokemon Conquest and Super Pokemon Rumble
- Animal Crossing (Although one doesn’t really ‘complete’ Animal Crossing!)
- All of the Fallout games (without getting bored 4 hours in)
- Just Cause 2
- Cave Story and Mutant Mudds
- Faster than Light
- Various Paradox Strategy games (although they are apparently very time consuming)
- Leisure Suit Larry series (Damn you, GOG)
- Orcs Must Die
- The Walking Dead
- The Stalker Series
- Half Life series
- The various tycoon games from GOG that I have amassed.
- Baldur’s Gate and the remaining D&D games (once again from GOG)
Clearly there is a problem here. I simply do not need any more games… I think I should aim to finish 3/5 games from my backlog before I buy new ones. So therefore I won’t be buying any more (Animal Crossing New Leaf is exempt from this clause) until I finish at least 5 games from my backlog. Four in February should see me completing two of these (Half Life and Oblivion) and we’ll see what goes on after then!
Wish me luck!