Clearing My Gaming Backlog Lets Do This16 Aug 2013
Anyway, it’s time to get this backlog under control! I’m going to take part in Four in February again like I did this year. And I’m going to aim to play through 1-2 games each month depending my available free time each month. I’m not sure if I even want to take my PS3 with me back to uni given how many Steam/3DS games I have to complete without extra PS Plus games being added monthly. According to some tool I found online, it’d take me around 2000 hours to complete all of my steam games. Almost four years at ten hours a week…
I’m going to set a few rules for my personal challenge mainly to stop myself from having to play through games I detest and can’t stand. Here they are:
- If I don’t want to complete a game, I must play it through at least 3-6 hours from the start.
…This allows me to get thoroughly into most games, by playing in generally 2x3 hour sessions. If I don’t like it here, I’ll mark it as null on Backloggery with the reason why in the comments.
- For a game to be marked as completed on Backloggery I must at least complete the main storyline of a game (and each of the main DLC story-lines if I own them), and see the credits roll in some form. This marks the completion for my purposes. 100% is not a thing I believe in.
- I cannot buy any new games until at least 5 games have been completed, or attempted and removed from Backloggery. This rule is active as of July 1st, and as such I need to complete 3 more games before I can purchase Pokemon X or Y.
- Each month, I will post a blog post talking about my gaming experiences that month. The games I nulled, the reasons why and the games that I have completed. Basically a mini round-up of my gaming month.
Currently I am working through Dragon Quest 4 on the DS, and my next plan of attack is to play through some of these:
- Freshly-Picked Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland
- Big Bang Mini (although I suck at these type of games…)
- Legend of Zelda (Gotta play those ambassador games at some point….)
- The Dragon Quest games are pretty long, along with the Tingle game but I think I could complete these before October hits with a bit of luck. My choices are likely to change, by the way. Other games I want to try and tackle in the near future (basically, next year):
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (It’s like 80 hours long, argh. I do love it though)
- The various Zelda games my 3DS seems to have acquired
- The remainder of the DQ games I own (5, 6, 9)
- The Elder Scrolls Games
- Half Life Series (Don’t judge me)
- Gratuitous Space Battles /Gratuitous Tank Battles / Faster than Light
Wish me luck!