Monday 24th January to Sunday 30th January #
Last week’s Goals #
- Complete Super Mario 3D Land (but maybe not the secret levels), and finish a few more dungeons in Ocarina of Time before bouncing to another game.
- Hit an average of 7500 steps & 30 active minutes a day - last week’s average was 4800 steps and 25 minutes
- Write a long-form blog post
Gaming - I finished the main ‘story’ in Mario 3D Land yesterday, and boy did it feel good. One game removed from the backlog. I honestly didn’t play much last week apart from this game.
Steps - The week started strong where I hit nearly 7000 steps on Monday and Tuesday but I feel off the cliff when I get home mid-week. This was the opposite of what I was expecting and something to think about next week - I got no where near close to 7500 steps a day, and my average was just 5737.
Active Minutes - As with steps, I started strong and tailed off in a big way. I need to think about keeping active mid to late week. A long walk to a local park saved the week (just), but the fate on the week shouldn’t rest on Sunday’s shoulders. This week’s average (thanks to Sunday) was 34 minutes.
Blogging - I wrote two posts this week. The first was inspired by a conversation I had on Discord about RSS feeds, and the second was a simple how-to post for future reference about resetting an LED controller.
Next Week’s Goals #
Given my considerable failure on the steps/active minutes I will make an effort to physically leave the house and go for a short 20-30 minute walk at lunch time. This means I might need to prepare lunch before I start work but that is hardly a bad thing, is it?
On a related note, I think now is the time to get back to logging my food and watching my diet with MyFitnessPal.
Looking at my projects, I really want to start learning how to effectively use Docker to containerise some code I’ve been working on. Therefore this week, I want to successfully dockerise a simple Python flask app.
Over the next few months, I want to migrate everything I use in my homelab onto a single Raspberry Pi again and Docker seems to be the key to acheiving this.
- Get out of the house every day at lunch or in between meetings - try aiming for 7500 steps a day again. You know it makes you feel better, and helps you sleep!
- Start logging meals on MyFitnessPal and figure out any positive changes you can make diet-wise.
- Learn to create a Docker container for my flask application
- Pick up reading before bed each night before lights out. 15-20 minutes is enough here!